<bgsound src="http://www.blogupload.com/37974/rossa_pudar.WMV" loop="infinite"> The Radiance Of An Opium Dream: Relief teaching

Friday, January 13, 2006

Relief teaching

YESTERDAY's entry : 12.01.2006

10.28pm:
Wanted to blog but I predict that I would be tired and busy by the time I reached home so here I am on the train at CCK on the way home. Work was ok as usual although I am beginning to dislike the idea of working all the way from early morning till late at night. The pay is however so sad that the only way to even have hopes of reaching 500 bucks is to work longer. I guess I can also be contented with the fact that I work only 2/3.5 days a week.

Lets go back a day.
7.37am:
My loud ringtone jolts me out of my sweet slumber. It was X secondary school and they asked me to be a relief teacher for a day. AT LONG LAST! Haha. I found out later that the transport system really sucks in the morning. Waited in vain for a bus/cab for a good 20 mins before deciding to just book a cab.The result? I ended up at the school at 8:30am with the clerk exclaiming "Wah so late ah?"

As fate would have it, my first class was 4E2 and it did remind me of my old class to some extent. Ok long story short, relief teaching was a really good paying job(provided you work for at least 5.5 hours) and of couse while there was the expected troublemakers, there were also really nice and sweet kids. I spent lots of time talking to the kids that were sitting in front of me. Haha. They asked for my e-mail address to add me to msn and friendster. They are even going to challenge me to gunbound. Haha. I have a picture of them but I can't put it here cause I had to sign a contract of strict confidentiality. It was overall a very good experience and it was especially memorable tonwalk into a class for the first time and having your students go "Wah so handsome ah?" several times. Haha

Btw its now 10.55pm and I 'm still at Redhill and I've been typing at the PDA all the way. That’s how slow it takes to type stuff.

TODAY's entry: 13.01.2006

Amazingly, X secondary school called me again this morning. Again, it was another mad rush to get ready. Called my dad first and we reached there at 8.05! Hahaha. Today was so much better, the kids were more well behaved and I was more relaxed. Yay for cash inflow!

1 Comments:

Blogger Zaph said...

i wonder where u got ur pda from.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home