thou shall be nice to kids
Tuesday
Went for the factory job thing with optimism. Our agent was friendly enough and the rest of the people who signed up were mainly mats(friendly though). It was relatively simple. All I had to do was
- Take the handphones out from the box
- Place em in trays
- Place the IMEI sticker on em
- Place the boxes on the crate once I was done.
Simple right? The only problem was that it was
- Night shift from 8.30pm to 8.30pm (in theory)
- The repetition was boring
- The people around me couldn't speak proper english
- The break was like only 15 mins for every 5 hours! Hello?!
I was telling Faizal at the 12am break that I wanted to quit after 3 days cause it was the minimum days that we had to work before we got our pay. At 12am, he was saying "I think I wanna work for about a week until the next payday." Right. At 4am, while working at my station, I looked up to see Gerarrd and Faizal waving frantically at me to go toilet with them. Once inside, they filled me in on their grouses and frustration and their plan to leave. The opportunity finally came! So we went to the security guard at the entrance to get our ICs back and he was sleeping like a pig. It took a few shouts and prods before he finally woke up and returned our ICs. Timecheck? It was about 4.30am and we were lost deep in Changi industrial park with no means of transport. Our solution? We each choosed a directed and played games to decide the winnder and thus whom to follow. As Providence decreed, Faizal won and it was thankfully the right way out. Once we reached the main road after 45 mins of walking, we wasted no time in hailing a cab and proceeding to Bedok hawker centre for refreshing drinks and food. That, as we all agreed, was one of the worst experience of our lives.
Wednesday
Had dinner and chilled out with the class guys and ICS people at bugis. Thankfully Howard was there and we managed to convince him to treat us to a session of LAN gaming while waiting for Amir to arrive. After a nice long debate on where to eat, I brought them to Samar's where in the words of Geven, was "damn power". The food sucked and was expensive but the main attraction was the "stuff" there. Haha. All I can say that it was damn hilarious. Me, Geven, Gerarrd, Faizal and Nesh were the last to leave and that was at the insistance of Faizal. T'was great.
Thursday
Went for the tution job at CCK as referred to by our very own she-male Zaf, and it was rather Ok as compared to the dreaded factory job. Basically, my job revolves around being nice to kids, listening to them read, teaching them to do stuff that they don't understand/know, recording their performance and most significantly, mark mark mark. The people there are quite nice so it makes for a much better work environment. The pay might not be much, but hey its a job! So a big shoutout goes to ZAMZAM for her/his help. Oh and Faizal will be joining me on the 26th of this month. Tried to get for Gerarrd too but they were looking for people to teach Chinese. :(

5 Comments:
this is what i get for getting you a job -grumbles-
you so owe me one, dude.
your job involves being nice to kids, ha! hahaaa..
yup. See? I thank you repeated times. And of course I am always nice to kids. Just look at how nice I am to you
it wasnt thanking. it was calling me various names, furby. and ur never nice to me.
AHHHHHHH. rabies. why you never help me find a job. but CCK is so far also la. it feels like everyone has a job except me.
*SHOWS EXTREEEMELY SAD FACE.
i miss schoolllll.
-joyce.
haha. It IS true. Everyone has a job except for you
Post a Comment
<< Home