application blues
exhalee
gosh I'm feeling so much grief cause of the university applications. Just as I thought that all my worries would be over after the application, fresh ones come pouring in
NUS: my open and closed inverted commars and my apostrophe came out as weird symbols when I tried to copy and paste my essay. Upon hindsight, I should have editted it manual there and then but I still continued anyway thinking it was a server error.
Reflection and course of action: I sent an e-mail query regarding that. Will be calling them on Monday. Nothing else that can be done.
NTU: As I had applied for teaching, I had to complete the teaching application form which required me to create an account and fill in another set of forms. So after creating an account, I tried to log in only to fail several times. However, the only way that I managed to log in was when I clicked on the blue i/c option instead of the pink i/c one. This is a problem as I am NOT a PR. Secondly, my payment was not reflected in my application status page. Lastly, NTU requires appraisals as a means of evidence to substantiate the information provided in the application. Hellooooooo? Why can't they just allow for other documents to be used as evidence?
Reflection and course of action: I will be calling them in 30 mins when the office opens. If all else fails, I would still submit my teaching application even though I might be classified as a blue i/c. I would still send in my supporting documents as proof. If they are not flexible enough, then NTU is not a university that I would want to enrol in.
I'm glad to announce that SMU was still the most efficient. There was no problems whatsoever. I shall consider studying there.
I'm going to send all my supporting documents today and I hope that eases a whole load off me.
gosh I'm feeling so much grief cause of the university applications. Just as I thought that all my worries would be over after the application, fresh ones come pouring in
NUS: my open and closed inverted commars and my apostrophe came out as weird symbols when I tried to copy and paste my essay. Upon hindsight, I should have editted it manual there and then but I still continued anyway thinking it was a server error.
Reflection and course of action: I sent an e-mail query regarding that. Will be calling them on Monday. Nothing else that can be done.
NTU: As I had applied for teaching, I had to complete the teaching application form which required me to create an account and fill in another set of forms. So after creating an account, I tried to log in only to fail several times. However, the only way that I managed to log in was when I clicked on the blue i/c option instead of the pink i/c one. This is a problem as I am NOT a PR. Secondly, my payment was not reflected in my application status page. Lastly, NTU requires appraisals as a means of evidence to substantiate the information provided in the application. Hellooooooo? Why can't they just allow for other documents to be used as evidence?
Reflection and course of action: I will be calling them in 30 mins when the office opens. If all else fails, I would still submit my teaching application even though I might be classified as a blue i/c. I would still send in my supporting documents as proof. If they are not flexible enough, then NTU is not a university that I would want to enrol in.
I'm glad to announce that SMU was still the most efficient. There was no problems whatsoever. I shall consider studying there.
I'm going to send all my supporting documents today and I hope that eases a whole load off me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home