NS!
Ok anyway I'm out of Tekong after 7 days thanks to good friday. Well, the training has not been EXTREMELY tough so far. I admit that it was very very hard for me to adjust innitially. I was quite stressed up as
- The environment was dramatically different from my normal civilian life. I had to obey instructions and do everything quickly.
- I was placed in a direct leadership batch which means that everyone has achieved at least a silver for NAPFA and that we were being trained to become leaders in the army. The standards and expectations of us are therefore higher. I was damn stressed when I couldn't find even one person who has a 2.4km timing anywhere close to my 12 mins.
- Being away from the people I am close to.
- The people in my company are quite different from my personality.
Despite this, I believe that I am gradually adapting to my recruit life at Tekong. I should be thankful for several stuff.
- I am back in civilisation today after 7 days whereelse many usually only get to do so after 2 weeks.
- I get to skip 2 weeks of PTP training cause of my silver in NAPFA.
- I have a higher chance of becoming an officer or a specialist.
- I already knew how about drills while others had to learn them the hard way.
- I am in a much less regimental company as compared to the one in front of my block.
No matter what, I must focus and not lose hope. Thousands have trodden the path that I am currently walking on. I thus will be able to do it and even excel in it. Faith and prayer will guide be through and keep me strong despite and difficulties that I might face. I am gunning for a place in OCS and nothing else.
I guess NS has also made me see things from another perspective. I realise that I need to treasure the people around me more. As the saying goes, "You don't know what you've got till its gone". So take care people and pray for me. I will do my best.
Where the hell is the NUS letter!? ARGHHHHH.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home