<bgsound src="http://www.blogupload.com/37974/rossa_pudar.WMV" loop="infinite"> The Radiance Of An Opium Dream: adieu to charlie company

Friday, December 01, 2006

adieu to charlie company

Well today marks the end of my stint with 6SIR's Charlie company after providing them with medical coverage for the PTP and BMT. As I was there with the other commanders looking at the recruit's passing out parade, I couldn't help but feel proud of the recruits who where standing before me, marching in unison in their green garb. Images of the journey flashed in my head starting with their enlistment day, training sessions, field camp. It just seemed so recent and raw. In that time span of 11 weeks, I have gotten to know the recruits fairly well; those with back pain, leg pain and so forth.

Of course I'm not forgetting the commanders who really completed the parable in making my stay at Charlie a most memorable one. Their giety and attitude was really inspiring. They made the concept of being a role model to juniors a reality.

Thank you Charlie. I shall miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home