guess who's back?
yeah baby I'm back from my 3 days field camp in the jungles of Tekong. Wasn't as bad as I expected lah. Guess the numerous times that I have went for field camps has lessened its negative psychological effects on me. I even managed to catch up on my reading by covering about 200+ pages of Middlesex. Not a bad book at all.
The highlight of the camp was the turnout at 4am in the morning. I'm not going to go into details on what happened but lets just say that the silence of the night was shattered by the booming sounds of explosives and the pitch-black campsite was lighted up in a sea of bright yellow. It was also the fastest packing up from a campsite that I have ever seen.
Found out that I would be going for 2 more field camps though. A patrol field camp two weeks later and another for the C4 platoon, both of them being five days long. :(
Gonna try to enjoy my weekend as much as I can. Going to curl up with a good read and finish watching "Hard Candy". Yes. My weekend on a shoestring.
The highlight of the camp was the turnout at 4am in the morning. I'm not going to go into details on what happened but lets just say that the silence of the night was shattered by the booming sounds of explosives and the pitch-black campsite was lighted up in a sea of bright yellow. It was also the fastest packing up from a campsite that I have ever seen.
Found out that I would be going for 2 more field camps though. A patrol field camp two weeks later and another for the C4 platoon, both of them being five days long. :(
Gonna try to enjoy my weekend as much as I can. Going to curl up with a good read and finish watching "Hard Candy". Yes. My weekend on a shoestring.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home