<bgsound src="http://www.blogupload.com/37974/rossa_pudar.WMV" loop="infinite"> The Radiance Of An Opium Dream: count your blessings!

Friday, February 23, 2007

count your blessings!

Several times in life, we are afflicted with a disease to the soul. It is a disease that breaks one's will due to its effect on the emotion of the individual. That disease has many names; grief, depression, sadness and several others.

While it is important that we do get our fair share of time to walk in our sadness, it becomes an overdose when it transgresses to that of depression and extreme grief which effects continue to last much longer then necessary. Indeed, some actually hold on to grief like a precious jewel, to be clasped close to one's bosom.

When drowning in your sea of troubles, take a moment to reflect on the actual severity of the problem. How is that very same problem going to affect you 10 years down the road. Would you remember it? If that doesn't produce any effect, take a moment to think about the thousands or even millions of people who are less fortunate in terms of problems such as starvation and the constant threat of looming death. How significant is your problem compared to theirs?

I believe that the obstacles and problems that we face in life have a meaning for us. It provides us with constant lessons on life. If we master it, we grow stronger. If it doesn't, the same problem would hit you again but perhaps in a different form.

Ok enough of the deeper stuff. Anway life has been getting better for me. I am no longer so edgy. I' m more at peace with myself and my family. I am able to control my temper and I clock more hours of sleep at night. Sometimes, the very monotony of life is such a sweet fruit to savour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home