<bgsound src="http://www.blogupload.com/37974/rossa_pudar.WMV" loop="infinite"> The Radiance Of An Opium Dream: army half marathon 07!

Sunday, August 26, 2007

army half marathon 07!

Shagged.Shagged.Shagged.

Received a wonderful surprise on Friday night from the guys at camp with instructions to book in yesterday at 9pm when the actual plan was to report there directly.

Ladies and gentlemen, even though ensuring that you are adequately hydrated is of utmost importance before running a long distance, please do not drink too much just before you are going to sleep! I couldn't sleep for like 3 hours cause I had to go to the toilet to pee every 30 mins. Grrr.

So we woke up at 0430hours(!) and had our 'breakfast' of 2 nightsnacks of buns (lucky thing I expected lousy breakfast and brought my kitkat bar) and off we went. It was a really bad start to the day as my stomach was acting up and I rushed to the toilet the moment we reached the assembly area. It was extremely stressful while shitting cause the stupid lock didn't work and the toilet paper was becoming alarmingly scarce. Lucky thing I managed to finish up nicely with whatever was left of the toilet paper. The end product, a totally sweat-drenched me but overall, satisfied and good to go. Haha.

The run itself was great. This was especially since my shin splints didn't act up. It felt really liberating running through the CBD area and the Nicoll Highway in the morning with the old skool songs playing in my handphone (especially the lean on me song from last year's Stan Chart's marathon advert song).

and 100 plus is such a lifesaver during the course of the run!

Oh and congrats to my division, 2PDF for being the overall winners for the division level. We beat the mighty commandos by 40 mins! Haha.

Here are some pics taken just after I crossed the finish line.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home