Right. I'm finally updating. Lots of things have happened and I know that I'll miss out on a few of them even though they were quite significant. Lets break it down to allow for an easier read.
2. Books Galore!
Book sales have been aplenty with me visiting the Popular/Harris book sale at Suntec City first and buying an encyclopedia on Greek mythology, some teenage self-help book by the writer of "the 7 Habbits of Highly Successful People" as well as a summarised version of Sun Tzi's "The Art of War". About a week later, I visited PageOne at Vivocity and bought the full version which was only retailing for about $5. Hah! Not all of my books cost money though with me recently finishing "Deception Point" by Dan Brown. Yes I know, its a shameless mass-touted best-seller but hey, it was quite a decent read. Right now, I'm reading a collection of Gothic short stories by Joyce Carol Oates. She was one of the authors whose works I enjoyed studying back in JC. Ohh plus Kassim lent me "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hossenni. His previous book, "The Kite Runner" was really good.
3. Death
A servicewoman from my unit died from my unit in a motorcycle accident. The tragic thing was that she was supppsed to get married 6 days later. My bunkmate showed me the wedding invitation card and it was just sad. My prayers goes out to her and her family
4. Others
I'm rather beat by training both in camp and that of my own. My body is aching and running a fever from being thrown on the ground so many times. My weekend run seems to be improving with me having quite an OK 10km++ run in under an hour. Its not close enough for me to reach my AHM goal but oh well. Theres always the 12km category as well as the Standard Chartered Marathon at the end of the year.
- Jazz Infatuation
2. Books Galore!
Book sales have been aplenty with me visiting the Popular/Harris book sale at Suntec City first and buying an encyclopedia on Greek mythology, some teenage self-help book by the writer of "the 7 Habbits of Highly Successful People" as well as a summarised version of Sun Tzi's "The Art of War". About a week later, I visited PageOne at Vivocity and bought the full version which was only retailing for about $5. Hah! Not all of my books cost money though with me recently finishing "Deception Point" by Dan Brown. Yes I know, its a shameless mass-touted best-seller but hey, it was quite a decent read. Right now, I'm reading a collection of Gothic short stories by Joyce Carol Oates. She was one of the authors whose works I enjoyed studying back in JC. Ohh plus Kassim lent me "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hossenni. His previous book, "The Kite Runner" was really good.
3. Death
A servicewoman from my unit died from my unit in a motorcycle accident. The tragic thing was that she was supppsed to get married 6 days later. My bunkmate showed me the wedding invitation card and it was just sad. My prayers goes out to her and her family
4. Others
I'm rather beat by training both in camp and that of my own. My body is aching and running a fever from being thrown on the ground so many times. My weekend run seems to be improving with me having quite an OK 10km++ run in under an hour. Its not close enough for me to reach my AHM goal but oh well. Theres always the 12km category as well as the Standard Chartered Marathon at the end of the year.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home