<bgsound src="http://www.blogupload.com/37974/rossa_pudar.WMV" loop="infinite"> The Radiance Of An Opium Dream

Sunday, September 30, 2007

I watched a little bit of the President Star Charity just now and the videos on the plight of the suffering made me think yet again. It has always been my goal to help the less privileged from young. I was actually thinking of taking up social work in NUS prior to getting my results but I guess going to law school would enable me to provide a more specialised community service to the underprivileged.

With this being said, I believe that while the emphasis on pro bono cases has been with honourable intent, it is being put across wrongly to the public. If pro bono work is dispensed too freely, it cheapens the hard work put in by the jurist and this has a vicious chain effect in which the public expects continual pro bono work or even cheaper fees. This is a problem especially in light of the alternative methods of legal settlements like mediation, arbitration and negotiation which cuts the level of legal assistance needed. This consequently translates into a lower revenue per case.

On a different note, its only 13 more days to Hari Raya! I have to admit that fasting has been surprising challenging. It doesn't get easier despite years of continual practice. Of course, I'm not just refering merely to the abstinence from food and drink but also, of all things that are sinful e.g. swearing, seeing or even hearing 'evil'. That means that I can't babewatch! :( Despite this, I'm still grateful for Ramadan as it is effective in spiritual cleansing. Sometimes, you need a period of time to reflect on how you have lived your life in contrast to how you are supposed to live it.

ORD in 4. 5 months or 119 days. I didn't believe it when I was still new but now I believe my seniors when they say that your last 6 months passes the most slowly. Oh well, I just have to clear 3 more requirements and I'm free to ORD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home