I just finished watching "My Girl" on DVD. Thats the one released in 1991 starring Macaulay Culkin and Anna Chlumsky. That was my favorite show back when I was about 6 and I fondly remember watching it many times on my trusty old VCR. Back then, I didn't understand the themes of the movie and watched it purely for it's entertainment value. Watching it again now about 14 years later, the themes of death, friendship, love and relationships clearly resonated in the film. Even though it sounds damn gay, I have to admit that I couldn't help tearing while watching the movie. It brought me back to a time of my childhood innocence. A period where life was not complicated and life was free and without worries. Theres something magical in the purity of youth; something which I know is not possible to go back to but yet, a magical period which can be fondly recalled nonetheless. Go watch the show if you haven't had the chance to. Its a great watch.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home