<bgsound src="http://www.blogupload.com/37974/rossa_pudar.WMV" loop="infinite"> The Radiance Of An Opium Dream

Wednesday, July 30, 2008


Camps are finally over for me!

Soc science camp was a bit draggy at first for me cause I came pretty late due to my law briefing. Things really perked up on the second and third day though and my group really worked well together and we managed to get 2nd place among all the other teams in the end when we had only managed to get 2nd last on the first day. The highlight of the camp was really the amazing race at Sentosa. That was really fun even though we ended up going back only at about 2am.

The above pic was taken during the celebration dinner on the last day. It was rather fun there with the live acoustic music and people singing along to all the songs.

Law camp was really memorable in more ways than one. It started off with really well for me as there was lots of freebies just upon signing up. There was an SOL( School of Law) mug, windbreaker, notebook and polo shirt. The camp shirt was pretty nice too! The camp was sponsored too (imagine that!) so I knew that we were going to get more than the normal camps.

On the first day itself in the afternoon, we were told that we were going to have a mooting competition in the late evening so we were given this really really big stack of notes to help us prepare our case. That ruffled quite a few feathers cause we were not really expecting to use our brains during the camp. So thoughout the day, we could see people busy highlighting, writing down and practicing their speeches etc. My group was like the only one that couldn't be bothered so we pretty much just set around and had supper at Kopitiam. When the time finally came which was about 2am, we were blindfolded and brought to a room in pairs. When we finally took off the blindfolds, we were in a dark room with hell money on the floor and a coffin on the table. hahaha. We got punked! It was actually fright night and that was the first station! The stations were really good and I screamed quite a bit too. Haha. The best station was the one in the toilet where we had to find a peeler and peel an apple in front of the mirror. Stationed in the toilet was of course these two 'ghosts' who didn't exactly make the job any easier.

The second day was mainly spent playing this murder mystery game and station games. The dodgeball and captain's ball station was really fun. Imagine playing captain's ball with a chicken (the dead, raw one of course!). It was really messy and I had chicken bits all over me but that made it all the more fun. We ended it off with a gala dinner where everyone was supposed to be in formal wear. That was the event that I was looking forward to actually dressing up and looking smart. How wrong I was. I got arrowed to represent the group in this dress up competition and thats was where I lost all semblance of self-respect on the stage. Haha. Amazingly, I won and I'm $40 kino voucher richer. The twist is however that I will have to help organise this year's law tea. While I was a bit apprehensive about that, upon hindsight, I think that its quite a good opportunity for me. Let hope that goes well.

And for the sadist in you people who are reading this. I know you are dying to know how I managed to utterly humiliate myself. So go ahead. Have a good laugh over this :(

Cockburn(THE GROUP) still roxxers tho! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home