<bgsound src="http://www.blogupload.com/37974/rossa_pudar.WMV" loop="infinite"> The Radiance Of An Opium Dream

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Wanted to go to the pool at SMU for a swim today so I made my way there in my flip flops, t-shirt and shorts. There was a conference going on there so I had to make my way through a crowd of people in formal wear (blazers, ties etc.) and their stares at the oddity of the person in their midst. So after an antagonizing walk there, it was really sad to run into a sign stating that the pool was closed for renovations! Forgot all bout it.

Made my way down to Bedok swimming pool instead where I realised that my swimming technique must have been really bad. This realisation came about after I had swam a few laps and went out of the pool to take a sip of water from my bottle. There was this guy who was smiling at me. When I went back in, he approached me and asked if I had just learnt how to swim. I was like 'is my swimming that bad?' Haha. Anway since it is true that I have only just learnt how to swim fairly recently, he gave me some tips on how I could improve. I think thats really great cause at least I know what areas I should improve upon. I'm actually quite surprised that he was brave enough to tell me that cause in the current Singaporean context, I think a comment like that could have sounded provocative. Couple that with the general Singaporean seeming hostility towards strangers, that could have ended quite differently.

On another topic altogether, I to town yesterday to hand in my work timesheet and to browse at Zara. That would have been fine but bad bad Zara was having a sale and there was so many nice stuff on sale! I tried out 2 pairs of pants, a shirt and a polo. Initially, I only took the shirt and the other pair of pants cause I wanted to see how I can match the stuff that I wanted with shirts and pants of other colours. However upon trying them on, I felt that ALL of it looked nice and being unable to pick which one to buy, I ended up buying all of them instead. Yes. Thats about $200 gone(ironically almost equal to the gst credit that I just got on that day itself).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home