<bgsound src="http://www.blogupload.com/37974/rossa_pudar.WMV" loop="infinite"> The Radiance Of An Opium Dream

Sunday, August 10, 2008

School hasn't even officially started yet and I have readings and notes to go through. Buying law texts are killing me financially but I decided to lower my burden by buying 2nd hand. I estimate that this will save me about $90 just for 4 books. Theres still casebooks and stuff to buy but I think I'll just leave that for another day.

Oh for those who don't know, I've officially dropped my 2nd degree of social science. Initially, I was planning to just go through with it and make a review of my choices only in the 2nd term. All that changed though when SMU decided to preassign me calculus. The very next day, I called them to ask them about dropping my 2nd degree. Sorry, but calculus and me are mortal enemies. I don't really regret anything thus far cause I did my homework and theres just too much stuff for me to do if I were to pursue the double degree. I'd rather focus on law and do well in it.

School has been really really really great so far. Made lots of friends there. The culture is totally different there though. I would say that the majority of people are from RJC and ACJC. I had a slight culture shock when I realised that I was the only one speaking in broken English, accompanied by my 'walau eh!'s and 'lah's. Haha. Thats a product of me being in neighbourhood schools all my life. Looks like I have to brush up on my usage of the English language.

I think even my dreams have started becoming more complicated due to law school. I dreamt that I was the joker. (No doubt thanks to Hui Min) No it wasn't a good dream. It was more like a nightmare. I dreamt of societal rejection. The public and the judiciary were not interested in the truth, they were only interested in vengence. It was quite bad and I woke up all sweaty despite being in a freezing air-conditioned room. Haha. Thats my first non-phantasmagoric nightmare.

So far the events for law tea are going rather smoothly. Lots of people have been helping out to come out with performances and I think we might even exceed the allocated time. The law band performance and the games segment organised by some of the pageant people looks really promising so I'm really looking forward to reviewing the rest of them.

Going for floorball clinic on Tuesday with Mun. Really looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home